Mattanchery Police Station0484-2224066 Email ID: email@example.com
Mattancherry is a part of Ernakulam District in Kerala, India. It is a very famous tourist destination. It is surrounded by the backwaters of Arabian Sea. Mattancherry is populated by people from various walks of life and various parts of India and abroad. There are people who have come and settled in Mattancherry from Goa, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and so on. Earlier, Mattancherry was a Main trade centre . pepper and turmeric was main spices Jew Town is famous place in mattacherry. This is a historical part of India, and famous for antique showrooms. Jew Palace and the Jewish synagogue are two famous landmarks.
The Police Station building is situated in division No VI of Kochi Corporation in opposite side of Women & Children Hospital, Mattancherry. Inauguration of new building was held by Sri. Oomman Chandi, Hon'ble Chief Minister of Kerala on 10.05.2005 at 4 PM. CI office Mattancherry are functioning in the first floor of new building. As per G. O (Rt) No 3424/12 Home Dtd. 2011-12 ( A1(a) 41650/2012 EC Dtd. 01.03.13) Mattanccerry Police Station declared as Janamythri Police Station. The station coming under Mattanchery Sub division and Circle office. V JOSHI, is now handling the charge of SHO, His phone number is 9497980432 Total 69 police personnel are working in this police stations including ASI -1, SCPO - 12, CPO - 49, WCPO - 7. The jurisdiction area of the Police Station is about 5.889 Sq KM . Totaly 7 Janamythri beat are in this station Janamythri project, clean campus safe campus, SPC, Seniour citizen Help Desk and women help desk is functioning in this police station.
MATTANCHERRY : Mattancherry Muri, Cherlai muri, Rameswram East mury, Rameswaram West muri, Eravely, Nazreyth, Chullickkal, Pandikkudy, Panayappally, Kochangadi
Border Police Stations
Fortkochi PS Harbour PS Thoppumpady PS.
Judicial First Class Magistarate Court.III, Mattanchery
Parliament constituency and Legislative Assembly
Mattanchery PS limit comes under Ernakulam Parliament constituency and in Kochi Legislative Assembly
Hospitals,Educational Institutions and Banks
- Govt.Hospital Mattanchery 0484 - 2227979
- Sangeeth Hospital
- West Side Hospital Pvt. Ltd., Mattancherry
- State Bank Of India, Panayapplly
- State Bank Of India, Kalwathy
- State Bank Of Travankore Koovappadam
- Syndicate Bank
- Bank Of India
- Bank Of Baroda
- Cochin College
- Gujarthi College
- TD Higher Secondary School
- TD Girls High School
- Gujarathi School
- Hehm School
- Mmovhs Panayappally
- Aasia Bai School
- MASS LP School
- Panayapplly Govt. School
Important Worship Places
Sinagouge, Coonen Kuriz Church, Pazhayanoor Temple, Td Temple, Palliyarakkavu Temple, Cempitta Pally
The Palace was built and gifted by the Portuguese as a present to the king of Cochin around 1555. The Dutch carried out some extensions and renovations in the palace in 1663, and thereafter it was popularly called Dutch Palace. The rajas also made more improvements to it. Today, it is a portrait gallery of the Cochin Rajas and notable for some of the best mythological murals in India, which are in the best traditions of Hindu temple art. The palace was built to appease the king after they plundered a temple nearby. The landing of Vasco da Gama, the Portuguese explorer at Kappad in 1498 was welcomed by the Kochi rulers. They were given exclusive right to construct factories. The Portuguese repulsed the repeated attacks of the Zamorins and the Cochin Rajas practically became vassals of the Portuguese. The influence of the Portuguese were supplanted by the Dutch and they took over Mattancherry in 1663. Subsequently, the area was taken over by Hyder Ali and still later by the British East India Company
Dharmanath Jains Temple, dedicated to Shri Dharmanath, the 15th Jain Tirthankar, is another religious institution of Mattancherry. Built in 1960, the temple complex is sprawled over a large area with various blocks constructed for prayers and as places for offerings. The architecture of the temple is inspired by the Jain temples of Gujarat. As the temple completed 100 years, it was recently officially granted the ‘teerth’ status, and as part of the celebrations, renovation and restoration work of the temple was carried out. Temple is made of marbles, and there are beautiful carved structures in the temple. It is open to all the communities.
The Paradesi Synagogue is the oldest active synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations, located in Kochi, Kerala, in South India. Constructed in 1567, it is one of seven synagogues of the Malabar Yehudan or Yehudan Mappila people or Cochin Jewish community in the Kingdom of Cochin. Paradesi is a word used in several Indian languages, and the literal meaning of the term is "foreigners", applied to the synagogue because it was built by Sephardic or Spanish-speaking Jews, some of them from families exiled in Aleppo, Safed and other West Asian localities. It is also referred to as the Cochin Jewish Synagogue or the Mattancherry Synagogue. The synagogue is located in the quarter of Old Cochin known as Jew Town, and is the only one of the seven synagogues in the area still in use. The complex has four buildings. It was built adjacent to the Mattancherry Palace temple on the land given to the Malabari Yehuden or " Yehuden Mappila" community by the Raja of Kochi, Rama Varma. The Mattancherry Palace temple and the Mattancherry synagogue share a common wall.
The main idol of Venkateswara, his consorts, Sreedevi and Bhoodevi on his either sides and he is placed on the top of the Simhasan. Utsav Murti with consorts in the middle step, Utsav Lakshmi at the lower step and Saligrama are on the lowest step. There are four sub-temple or shrines inside the temple premises, there are temples dedicated to Goddess Mahalakshmi, Hanuman, Garuda and Vigneshwara. Vrindavan of Shri Sukrathindra Thirtha Swamiji (samadhi 1949 A.D, 19th Madathipathi of Kashi Math) is located here.A Naga Yakshi pedestal is situated on the southwest corner of the main temple next to the Vighneswara Temple. Outside the temple yard, there are statues of the Vijayanagara king Saluva Narasimha Deva Raya and Swami Vijayendra Theertha of Kumbhakona Math, as well as a temple tank Outside the temple. A notable feature of the temple is its huge bronze bell, about four feet in diameter and six feet in height. In earlier centuries, the chiming of the bell could be heard even in areas far from the temple.
Chempittapally is an old mosque in West Kochi in Kerala State, India. The name "Chempittapally" is derived from the Malayalam word "chemp" (means bronze) and "palli" (means mosque). The roof of this famous mosque was decorated with bronze tiles, hence chempitta pally. The compound has 3 gates; one in west which opens way to Panayapilly, second in south which opens way to Goldenmukku and Kochangadi, and the main gate in the eastern side of compound, which opens way to Angadi, which in turn leads the way to Jew Street and Mattancherry Bazaar towards the north and to Chullickal towards south.
Koonan Cruz Church
The Coonan Cross Oath (Koonan Kurishu Satyam), taken on 3 January 1653, was a public avowal by members of the Saint Thomas Christian community of Kerala, India that they would not submit to Portuguese dominance in ecclesiastical and secular life. The swearing of the oath was a major event in the history of the Saint Thomas Christian community and marked a major turning point in its relations with the Portuguese colonial forces. The oath resulted in the breaking up of 54 years of Portuguese Padroado (Patronage) Jurisdiction over the Malankara Syrian Church, started with the synod of Diamper in 1599 A.D. convoked by the Portuguese Archbishop Dom Alexio De Menezes.